The Radian Raptor-SD combines the benefits of the original Raptor ambidextrous AR-15 charging handle with a ported shaft. This design directs gasses down and away from the shooters face when shooting suppressed.
In addition to being great at shooting suppressed, the Raptor-SD also makes manipulation of the firearm fast and smooth due to the large, textured unlocking latches on either side. This allows rapid palm “blading” or finger thumb charges of the weapon from either the strong or support side.
Radian Weapons Raptor-SD Charging Handle Features & Specs:
- Ambidextrous, oversized charging handle for ease of manipulation
- Ported shaft is optimized for shooting suppressed
- Made from aircraft grade 7075 aluminum with a Type III hard anodized black or Flat Dark Earth (FDE) finish
- Compatible with UDP-9, UDP-45, AR-15 and M16 platforms
- Lifetime warranty and 100% manufactured in the USA
- Weight: 1.3oz
- Compatibility AR-15/M16 and AR-9 platforms
Frequently Asked Questions
If you’re doing a lot of suppressed shooting, the choice is easy. Go with the Raptor-SD because it features a ported shaft which directs gasses away from the shooters face. This cuts down on the carbon and gas getting spit back at you and makes for a much more pleasant shooting experience. If you aren’t doing a lot of suppressed shooting, then go with the original Raptor ambidextrous charging handle OR the cheaper and lighter Raptor-LT charging handle