Inches matter! The Dead Foot Arms MCS buffer tube is the shortest AR-15 pistol tube currently available for the M4/AR-15 platform. Compatible with most rifle caliber AR-15 pistols and rifles in calibers of: .223, .223Wylde, 5.56, 300 Blackout, 7.62×39, 6.8 SPC, 6.5 Grendel, .458 SOCOM and 50 Beowulf! The MCS stands for modified cycle system because Dead Foot Arms has shortened the buffer tube of a traditional AR-15 system from 7″ to just 2.5″. This is the shortest AR pistol tube available.
Form 1 SBR users: If you plan on converting your pistol to a SBR (short barrel rifle) or you’re currently waiting on your ATF form 1 to be approved, this is the product to get. The pistol kit does not include the the folding stock adaptor. However, once you receive your approved form 1 you can add the MCS folding adaptor to this system by ordering a Pistol Kit to MCS Folder conversion kit.
Please note, this system is compatible with most all rifle calibers, however, the included bolt is designed to run with 5.56 NATO, 2.23 Remington and .300 Blackout calibers. If you wish to run a different caliber, you may need an alternate BCG. Please contact us if you have any questions.
This is a complete rifle caliber short pistol tube kit including:
- Shortened pistol buffer tube (2.5″) and end cap assembly
- 5.56 shortened MCS Bolt Carrier Group with black nitride finish
- End plate with QD port
- Plunger, spring cap and recoil/plunger springs
Shortened Rifle Caliber BCG – Materials & Features:
- Complete Bolt Carrier Group is a shortened version of the MILSPEC M16A2 Full-Auto bolt carrier group (BCG). Machined from 8620 steel with a Blacknitride+™ finish by H&M
- 5.56/.223 Bolt machined from 9310 steel. Heat treated, shot peened and MPI. Finished in a Blacknitride+™ by H&M
- Cam Pin is machined from 4140 steel
- Firing pin is machined from 8640 steel
- Full auto rated BCG
About the Company: Dead Foot Arms LLC designs, develops, assembles, and markets innovative firearm parts of the highest quality for demanding applications in the commercial, law enforcement, and defense markets. Their core value is to provide innovative cutting edge products to our customers through quality processes and continuous improvement initiatives. Dead Foot Arms LLC is a Veteran owned and Operated Small Business. And their products are and always will be proudly MADE IN THE USA.